PACE Culinary Arts student Fatima Cadisim from Batch 2 has always been passionate in cooking. Even before when she does office works, she would take extra effort to cook for her colleagues. She knew that she will be at her happiest if she pursues her dream in the kitchen. With the training and knowledge from PACE, Fatima has found the strength to step out in the real world and conquer every restaurants she can practice her skills with.
After graduation, Fatima became the Chef de Partie of Giovanni’s Ristorante where she got the inspiration and mastered cooking the Fresh Tagliatelle Pasta. Amazingly at the launch of this video, she has been invited in Cebu for another work stint. It’s a blessing for us to hear such news! Congratulations Fatima!
See recipe below
Fresh Tagliatelle Pasta
- 10g Ham, sliced into strips
- 10g Green Peas
- 15g Button Mushroom
- 1/2 cups All Purpose Cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Truffle Oil
- 1 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 3 cups AP Flour or Italian Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- Heat the butter in a cooking pan over a low heat
- Sautee ham and mushroom
- Blanch the greenpeas into a boiling lightly salted water and add to the pan.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the cream and truffle oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile,in a large heavy based saucepan of boiling lightly salted water.
- Add the fresh pasta and cook for 2-3 minutes or until tender but still firm to the bite (al dente).
- Drain the pasta and add to the prepared sauce toss well and transfer to a warmed serving dish.
- Toss again and serve.
Interested Alumni to be Featured? Email us your Recipe and Story at email@example.com
Want to Learn more from our Alumni? Comment your suggestions below!