PACE alumni, JC Mendoza is from Batch 5 class of 2013. He is one of the best and passionate in their class. JC encountered multiple challenges before he finally settled for the one. He found his calling the moment he entered PACE and focus in culinary. He knew that cooking makes him proud and contented. With the training and experiences PACE has offered JC, he build up and enhanced his talents and strengths which he was able to show not just in the competitions he has joined in but in his actual career as well.
After graduation, JC was hired in Avi , a restaurant in Kapitolyo as his stepping stone to furnish his talents and skills. Right after Avi, he was offered a job in the City of Dreams Manila, where he is now one of the Line Cooksof Nobu Restaurant. It’s a big blessing for our alumni! We are proud of you JC!
See recipe below
Adobo sa Sampaloc on Sweet Potato
- 1/2 kilo Pork Belly
- 1/4 kilo Pork Liver
- 1 head Garlic
- 3 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 5 tablespoon Vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Sinigang Mix
- 5 grams Dark Chocolate
- 1 Egg (hard boiled, optional)
- 1 large size Sweet Potato
- 1 tablespoon Cream
- 2 tablespoon Milk
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- Sear pork and liver. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté garlic ‘til golden brown.
- Deglaze with 1 tbs. of vinegar, 2 tbs. of soy sauce
- Add 2 tbs. sampaloc mix
- Bayleaf and pepper corn. Simmer for 15 – 20 mins.
- Set aside meat and strain the sauce
- Add 5g dark chocolate and then mix.
- Peel and chop 1 large sized sweet potato.
- Boil ‘til fork tender.
- Mash the sweet potato on a strainer
- Put 2 tbs. of butter in the pan, add the mashed sweet potato and 1 tbs. cream
- Swirling gently add 2 tbs. milk and a pinch of nutmeg
- Boil egg for 5 minutes
Interested Alumni to be Featured? Email us your Recipe and Story at email@example.com
Want to Learn more from our Alumni? Comment your suggestions below!