PACE: Making Waves at the 2015 Philippine Culinary Cup
The Philippine Culinary Cup has become the most prestigious culinary competition in the Philippines. It is the only continental competition in our country endorsed by the World Association of Chef Societies. PCC provided the Filipino chefs an internationally-recognized platform to hone their skills and showcase their talents in the culinary field. The level of standards, the number and diversity of participants which reached over a thousand all from the hotel, restaurant and culinary institutions of different countries and the presence of international chef judges truly raised the bar of culinary competition this year.
Gaining from a year’s worth of experience, PACE successfully participated in the 2015 staging of this competition and which yielded 9 medals from the following categories:
Silver Medals in:
- US Pork Category (Chef Monicca Dechavez)
- US Lamb Category (Chef Monicca Dechavez)
- Local Fish or Seafood Category (Fiona Flores)
Bronze Medals in:
- US Pork Category (Romulo Solver)
- US Beef Category (Chiclet Gonzales)
- Local Fish or Seafood Category (Chiclet Gonzales)
- Quick Fire Salad Category (Katrina Tan)
- Young Chefs Category (John Mark Robles and Gwen Bellarmino)
- Dream Team Category (Chefs Menoy Gimenez, Lowell Cauilan, April Aluning and Monicca Dechavez)
Led by its Program Director, Chef Lowell Cauilan, PACE once again, dared to test the highest standards of Culinary Skills and Artistry. As an institution, PACE believes that if you want to be the best, you have to compete with the best.
PACE is also proud to have represented our area in this momentous competition. Recently, Mayor Junjun Ynares of Antipolo City recognized and acknowledged PACE’s contribution to the growth of the culinary arts industry in our city. This is testament to PACE’s vision to grow and develop the culinary practice in our respective areas.
With all these achievements, we are truly grateful to God for giving us the talent and the right attitude to succeed. PACE would like to thank also all its sponsors who trusted and supported PACE for this year’s Philippine Culinary Cup.