PACE: Maintaining the PACE towards Excellence at the 2017 Philippine Culinary Cup
PACE believes in the wisdom that Excellence is not a destination, it is a continuous journey that never ends. With this in mind, it is always a challenge for us to better each year’s performance.
With every year of staging, the expectation of the judges gets higher and gaining success is definitely harder. In this competition nothing is given. You will literally have to earn it through blood, sweat and tears.
Gaining from a successful 2016 experience, PACE surpassed its previous achievement in the 2017 staging of this competition and which yielded 13 podiums finishes with higher finishes particularly in the Silver Medal level in the following categories:
Silver Medals in:
- Local Fish or Seafood – Fiona Flores
- Dream Team – Chef Carla Asence
- Dream Team – Chef May Martinez
- Dream Team – Chef April Martinez-Aluning
- Dream Team – Chef Abner Lowell Cauilan
- U.S. Pork – Chef April Martinez Aluning
- U.S. Pork – Chef Romulo Solver
- U.S. Poultry – Chef May Martinez
- Quick Fire Salad – Chef Carla Asence
- Fantasy Plated Dessert – Chef May Martinez
Bronze Medals in:
- Local Fish or Seafood – Jennifer Alcantara
- U.S. Pork – Dave Pagkatipunan
- Pasta – Charlane Gonzales
- Young Chefs – Chelsea Keith Ballesteros
- Young Chefs – Iana Christine Reyes
- Filipino Cuisine – Bolyn Gonzales-Mangosan
- Filipino Cuisine – Charlane Gonzales
- Filipino Cuisine – Fiona Flores
- Filipino Cuisine – Chef Romulo Solver
- Filipino Cuisine – Chef May Martinez
- Filipino Cuisine – Chef April Martinez-Aluning
PACE has assembled a team of dedicated instructors and students who are committed to represent PACE and its partners the best way they could. Led by Chef Lowell Cauilan and Chef Menoy Gimenez, PACE once again improved their performance that impressed the judges and gained the respect of fellow professionals.
In this year’s competition, creativity is not enough. You really have to pay attention to the fine details, demonstrate deep understanding of culinary techniques and finish it with culinary artistry reflected in the dish you created.
PACE is blessed to have the right people with the right attitude and the ever supportive industry partners who made things happen for us this year.
With all these achievements, we are truly grateful to God for giving us the talent and the right tools to succeed. PACE would like to thank also all its sponsors who trusted and supported PACE for this year’s Philippine Culinary Cup.